I love a celebration! OH how I wish I was in Mexico this week; September 16th is Independence Day. Nothing would make me happier than to experience the festivities. REALLY, what could be better than an authentic Mexican Independence Day Fiesta! Since I can’t be there, I;ve made a photo fiesta to honor and celebrate Independence Day with mis amigos about what screams or cries (el grito) Mexico to me. VIVA MEXICO!
1. The kindness, generosity and hospitality of the Mexican people can be seen in their faces and screams Mexico to me:
2. Papel Picado- the folk art perforated tissue paper used to decorate fiestas screams Mexico to me:
3. Mexican Cuisine is listed as a UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity and screams Mexico to me:
4. Talavera- a type of hand painted Mexican pottery from Puebla screams Mexico to me:
5. These dolls in heritage dress representing some of the states in Mexico screams Mexico to me:
6. Luchadores- Mexican wrestling masks scream Mexico to me:
7. Mariachi music screams Mexico to me:
8. The Mayan ruins and Chichen Itza, one of Mexico’s 37 World Heritage Sites screams Mexico to me:
9. Alebrijes, the brightly painted folk art carvings from Oaxaca scream Mexico to me:
10. Huichol art made with tiny beads screams Mexico to me:
Those are just some of the things that scream Mexico to me! OH, I almost forgot— good Tequila REALLY screams Mexico to me:
A todos mis amigos de Mexico…
Besitos y Abrazones!
What screams Mexico to you?