It's true, when we stayed at Zoetry Casa del Mar, we felt like we never wanted to leave and we kind of didn't! We were scheduled to stay only one night at Zoetry Casa Del Mar where serenity and romance is defined. It is located half way between San Jose del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas in a private gated condominium community.
The lobby of this boutique hotel is reminiscent of a hacienda courtyard with a calming candlelit fountain. Though the property does take family reservations, I feel it really is much better suited for adults who enjoy a very quiet, luxury experience. It is only home to 32 “uber-sweet” suites with Endless Privileges® and amenities.
Some of my personal favorite Endless Privileges® are:
- High thread count linens- This is one resort where I like to stay in bed, they're so comfy!
- Bvlgari® bath amenities- I miss the delicate scent of white tea and musk.
- A welcome bottle of Tequila- YES, I love Tequila!
- Bottle of champagne with fresh fruit in room each day- what a GREAT way to start the day, mimosas in the morning.
- Daily stocked mini bar with premium beverages, Deli snacks – Ours had cans of cashews, pistachios, peanuts and almonds. Shamefully I admit, I nicked a couple for the flight home.
- Special decorations celebrating honeymoons and anniversaries
- Jacuzzi and rain shower- yes, every suite at Zoetry has a Jacuzzi tub.
- 24-hour in room private dining- the room service staff got to know us quite well.
- Complimentary wireless Internet access- FABULOUS for those of us who MUST stay plugged in when we travel!
- Direct dial cordless telephone with UNLIMITED worldwide calling –especially nice if you have to check business calls or have family at home.
- Teak furnished private terrace- you'll find no crappy plastic furnishings here, a pet peeve of mine at upscale resorts.
Zoetry Casa del Mar is one of the more lushly landscaped properties in Los Cabos.
We unpacked and wandered around the property taking photos along the way:
First stop: Suenos del Mar Spa- here you can get that zen feeling back again.
The Fitness Center
There are also daily yoga and exercise classes on the beach.
I learned Zoetry Casa del Mar is all about wellness and making small changes to enhance the quality of your life.
A perfect place to find peace, take a dip and a snooze -the garden pool
Dining is available inside or out on the veranda at El Tapanco Restaurant.
The beachfront Ballenas (Whales) Bar and Restaurant.
There is also dining and a swim up bar at the main pool.
We made our way down to the beachfront pool and hot tub where we found “our spot”. As we sipped a flute of our favorite Don Julio Tequila, lying on padded teak loungers with the warm Cabo sun caressing our bodies, Mr. TD said, “I never want to leave here.” He was SERIOUS. This was my cue to get to a phone as fast as I could to buy new tickets home. It would be worth every red cent to stay another 4 nights. Sure, I had to reschedule a few things but I am so glad we went with the moment. We had never done anything like this before, the days ahead felt stolen.
We did have to change suites and I hated to lose the gorgeous resort view but truthfully, I enjoyed the oceanfront suite better. We were so close to the ocean we could watch for the whales who visit the coast from January through March from our balcony.
That evening we were treated to a special Anniversary Romance Package including a private beach dinner. The desert tends to cool down at night and I was glad I brought a shawl with me after the sun went down. We dined on a specially prepared menu. After the flaming coffee and dessert we walked slowly, hand in hand, back to our suite to find the Jacuzzi full of bougainvillea petals and bubbles.
It was the perfect romantic evening I'd always dreamed of- including a full moon!
When you stay at Zoetry Casa del Mar you also have full complimentary access next door at the Dreams Los Cabos Suites, Golf and Spa Resort but I would not be surprised if you said,
“I never want to leave here” too!
If you would like to read more blog posts about the Zoetry Resorts located in Mexico and the Dominican Republic, you can check out their blog, The Well.
Have you ever been someplace you just didn't want to leave, where was it?